Become a confident cook and develop the fundamental skills needed so your meals always turn out amazing.
The Kitchen Core Series is designed to give you the skills and tools you need to set your self and kitchen up for success. This series helps develop specific techniques that make cooking consistently fun, efficient and delicious (not to mention that you’ll end up saving time, money and energy). Before you know it, you’ll be creating your own recipes!
The Kitchen Core Classes include:
Tools that make working in the kitchen a breeze
Know what tools and equipment are essential for a kitchen and how to utilize them to best serve your cooking style and goals.
- Create an inventory of your current kitchen tools and equipment
- Determine what is serving you, what is not and what you need to get to support you
- Acquire basic and essential knife skills, like how to quickly dice an onion and break down a whole chicken
- Learn the difference between stainless steel and non-stick cooking pans and which one is right for your cooking style
Stock up on what you need and reduce food waste
Discover the 7 essential pantry food groups. Understand how to stock your pantry to fit your needs and be able to create a variety of delicious, homecooked meals anytime.
- Learn the fundamentals of a well-stocked pantry which will save you time, money and effort
- Discover techniques for pantry organization and stop buying what you don’t need or already have
- Learn proper storage methods for commonly used items
- Bonus Segment: Learn how to cook a basic risotto and how to upgrade it into a variety of meals
Taste and Flavor Fundamentals
Make any recipe taste even better
Confidently learn to adjust favors and enhance meals by understanding how our senses and environment play a role in the taste of our foods.
- Understand the 5 taste sensations and how to control the effect they have on your food
- Know how and when to season food to bring out the most flavor
- Learn how to enhance the perception of food through your senses
- Bonus Segment: Create your own signature spice blend and compound butter