School is starting which means we need healthy snacks that provide quality nourishment to keep kids happy, healthy and moving. One of our go to healthy snacks are no bake bars. They are quick to make and filled with high quality nuts and seeds like these Almond Power Bars. These bars are wonderful on the go snacks and stay at home treats. Because these are no bake so they will stay soft at room temp. They are best stored in the refrigerator or freezer and eaten chilled.
Almond Power Bars
¼ cup coconut oil or butter
½ cup almond butter or sun butter
½ cup honey or pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted almonds
½ cup unsweetened coconut
¼ cup ground flax seed meal, or chia seeds
¼ cup Sunflower seeds
3 oz melted dark chocolate
- In a small saucepan, combine all the Binding Mixture Over low heat allow this mixture to melt into a smooth consistency. Let this mixture to cool slightly as you prepare the bar ingredients.
- Place almonds in your food processor and grind them until partially chopped, partially nut-flour-likeness. Add remaining Bar Ingredients and pulse just until combined. Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Pour the cooled Binding Mixture over your chosen ingredients and mix until well combined and ingredients start to form one mass.
- With a slightly wet hand press the mixture into a parchment lined 8×8 pan. Top with melted chocolate if desired.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour to firm up then cut into bars.
Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Note since these are no bake bars they get soft when at room temperature and are best eaten chilled.